Heavy rainfall and storms across
ern Malawi have caused rivers to break their banks.
The devastation across the region has left villages underwater and in some areas knocking out power and water supplies.
According to The UN children’s agency,
- More than 900,000 people affected,
- the number of No of deaths – 56,
- people displaced stood at 230,000.
- About 64,000 hectares (158,147 acres) of land were damaged.
- Our Team are on the ground delivering vital emergency aid.
We are drawing up medium to long term plans to support the communities to rebuild homes and Masjids