Responding to the Floods: Rebuilding homes
• Malawi was hit by some of the worst Floods in 20 years
• Over 400,000 Displaced and homeless
• Over 35,000 hectares of cropland underwater.
• Further erratic rainfalls damages crops
• High risk of cholera and malaria
• Thousands living in makeshift camps
Having responded with vital emergency aid, Malawi Relief Fund are developing medium to long term strategy with a view to helping people rebuild their lives and promote sustainability and self-reliance.
We have started our house building programme to get as many of the displaced re-housed. This is a once a lifetime opportunity for many to have a new safe and flood resistant home built.
You can sponsor a home for just £500, or any amount you wish to contribute towards the construction of a house to support a family.